Saturday, June 19, 2004

Right Hand Man
(on behalf of all the right hand men of dictators throughout history, because nobody can do it all by themselves)

share with me your perfect vision
I will be your right hand man
I will give life to your language
I will start the process rolling
funny how you visionaries
don't always have the stomach for a fight
I will be your right hand man

share with me your perfect vision
people need your clarity
people want to do the right thing
people want some discipline
sometimes need to be reminded
sometimes need a little kick

Others want the glory celebration
I just want to enact your vision
others want to run the show
I just want to help you make it go
others need material compensation
I'll make a vow of poverty
And I have the courage to do
all those things you could not do
Share with me your perfect vision
Let me help you make it real
You have ideas I have steel

No comments: