Friday, January 07, 2011

Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?"

Bill O'Reilly claims science can't explain the tides.
Apparently, Bill O’Reilly has never heard of the moon. In a debate Tuesday with Dave Silverman, head of the American Atheist group behind this, the Fox host tried to prove the existence of God by citing the unknowable mysteries of the tides. “I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion,” he told Silverman. “Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.”

Silverman looked stunned. “Tide goes in, tide goes out?” he stuttered. O’Reilly pressed on. “The water, the tide—it comes in and it goes out. It always goes in, then it goes out. … You can’t explain that. You can’t explain it.”
I am pretty sure Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Shintoists, Rastafarians, Pastafarians, Zoroastrians, Buddhists, Confucians, and Taoists can all agree that Bill O'Reilly is as stupid as a sack of nails.  Only the Moonies are likely to dissent.

No comments: