Saturday, July 29, 2006

Funny English Words and Odd People

The whole "all your base are belong to us" humor was funny to me BEFORE I came to Asia, and it's even funnier now, because the way that some Korean businesses arrange their English words seems almost intentionally outrageous. I'll say it even if it makes me sound somewhat ethnocentric: Americanized Korean culture is incredibly cheesy (blame capitalism, not me. I'm just the messenger). I am still trying to go back to a certain store to get the "Holy Grail" of pictures in this regard, but for now, here are some good ones:











The two pictures below are an interesting contrast. The woman is selling makeovers. The man is selling Jesus. The Korean people are buying both, in mass quantities.





Finally, this guy is just funny. hehehe....

No comments: