You can read about the head-stepping incident here, here, and here. You can watch the video here. MoveOn is reporting that the woman has a concussion and sprained arm. Rand Paul himself has declined to even hypothetically condemn the violence. [UPDATE: RAND PAUL CONDEMNS ATTACK AND EVEN ADMITS IT WAS PERPETRATED BY A PAUL SUPPORTER. WELL-DONE, MR. PAUL.]
My interest was a quick survey of the gut reactions of Paul supporters and apologists. So I browsed a few comments sections and this is what I came up with:
(These are all real--when quoted they are direct; otherwise they are paraphrased, and I'd be happy to track down the original should you care to context-check me)
1. MoveOn staged the whole thing--the people who attacked her were really members of MoveOn. (several righties have accused MoveOn of staging the attack)
2. "It's obvious she was unhurt and was attempting to be disruptive. Maybe she'll exercise a little common sense next time."
3. Lefty thugs exist in some other context and at some point or another hurt somebody, so this is okay/vindication/deserved.
4. It wasn't her head, it was mostly her shoulder.
5. We have no sympathy for her precisely because she's a member of MoveOn
6. She deserved it because she was wearing a wig to conceal her identity
7. If she was a victim, why did the police question her after the incident? (YEAH, COPS NEVER INTERVIEW VICTIMS)
8. Valle has been arrested in nonviolent protest actions before, so she's a fishy character.
9. This was a reasonable way of telling MoveOn members they are not welcome in Kentucky.
10. Rand Paul supporters stomped on her head because they believed scary union thugs were outside of the building.
*Honorable mention: A couple of 'baggers claimed Valle "rushed the stage," but she didn't. She walked.