Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Return of Matt on Podcast

Podcasting for Shared Sacrifice resumes tonight, 8PM mountain time, at www.blogtalkradio.com/shared_sacrifice. The time away from podcasting (a month off due to work responsibilities) has given me a lot of time to reflect on the politics we're trying to build on the show and web page, and how those politics are not always my personal or ideal politics, but rather reflect my attempt--along with the five other people connected to the outfit right now--to open up political space for a very divided, but enthusiastic, left wing of America and the world.

My "purist" friends, from all their different vantage points, will probably get upset at my willingness to "compromise" -- but I probably wouldn't be their friends if I weren't so willing. And with my willingness to compromise comes my right and responsibility to ask tough questions to all sides. Out of that facilitation and clash will emerge the new visions, blueprints, demands, slogans, and strategies we need to respond to the decline of capital, the rise in incipient fascism and know-nothing conservative brutality, and the corporatization of the public sphere.

If you share a desire for these things, you should join us.

No comments: